Philippe Noth  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 13:48
Member (2015)
German to French
+ ...
May 4

Hi everyone,

After being a paying member for many years, I am considering not renewing my suscription at the end of year – unless things change, which is unlikely.

When one pays USD 180/year, receiving messages "You are not allowed to read this forum" (AI-related) and not being granted the privilege to rewatch recorded webinars (yesterday’s Exploring AI Tools: Bridging Language and Technology for Language Experts) is not acceptable.

So I need to
... See more
Hi everyone,

After being a paying member for many years, I am considering not renewing my suscription at the end of year – unless things change, which is unlikely.

When one pays USD 180/year, receiving messages "You are not allowed to read this forum" (AI-related) and not being granted the privilege to rewatch recorded webinars (yesterday’s Exploring AI Tools: Bridging Language and Technology for Language Experts) is not acceptable.

So I need to replace Proz's invoicing tool – I liked it a lot for its simplicity.

Is there an invoicing tool that fellow translators can recommend? I remember having tested TO3000, which was already too complex for me. I just tried Zoho Invoice, however it does not support multi-currency.

Philippe
Collapse

Lucy Leite
Lucy Leite  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Zoho Invoicing Tool May 4

Hi Philippe,

I've used Zoho for many years, and it does support multiple currencies, but you have to set it up per customer. Some of my clients pay me in euros, other in dollars, and I've never had any issues really. When you create the contact (Customer), you choose the currency. Now, if the same customer pays in different currencies, I suppose you'd have to create different contacts for that customer.

They also have a payment reminder, which is a great tool, because t
... See more
Hi Philippe,

I've used Zoho for many years, and it does support multiple currencies, but you have to set it up per customer. Some of my clients pay me in euros, other in dollars, and I've never had any issues really. When you create the contact (Customer), you choose the currency. Now, if the same customer pays in different currencies, I suppose you'd have to create different contacts for that customer.

They also have a payment reminder, which is a great tool, because they send me a reminder before sending one to the client in case an invoice is overdue.

It's not inexpensive, but, in my opinion, it's worth it.

Lucy

Zoho

[Edited at 2024-05-04 12:25 GMT]
Collapse

Philippe Noth
Philippe Noth  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Member (2015)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Maybe with Zoho Billing May 4

Hi Lucy

Lucy Leite wrote:
I've used Zoho for many years, and it does support multiple currencies, but you have to set it up per customer.

I searched very hard for this answer because the Currency drop-down list on the Clients page was read-only for me in the app and on the website. One Zoho help page even shows how to add a currency but I was unable to reproduce the steps described.

Finally, I stopped searching after I read this answer:
https://help.zoho.com/portal/en/community/topic/create-invoice-with-other-currency

So my understanding is that one has to include the Zoho Billing module to change the behaviour in Zoho Invoice and add multi-currency. I may try it again later.

Philippe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recommendation for invoicing tool

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »